||What is Shrink-Wrapping?
- Shrink-wrap is a white thermoplastic material that, when heated, shrinks up to 25% of it's surface dimension forming a protective "plastic-coated shell" for your boat. The most familiar use of shrink-wrap is when new boats are shipped from the factory to local dealers.
How is the product used?
- Shrink-wrapping is an excellent option for boats that are being shipped internationally or trailered cross-country. Boats can also be shrink-wrapped for outdoor winter storage. Boats can be shrink-wrapped for 6 - 9 months depending on climate, weather conditions & specific needs. Please contact our office for recommendations.
What is the Application Process?
- Your boat should be winterized and cleaned BEFORE shrink-wrapping.
- Your boat will be stored inside for 5 - 7 days to completely dry out the interior.
- YOU NEVER WANT TO SHRINK-WRAP A WET BOAT!
- Poly-webbing will be tied from bow-to-stern to create a sturdy "under-structure" for the shrink-wrap to rest on.
- The shrink-wrap is cut to fit your specific boat dimensions.
- The shrink-wrap is heated & "shrunk" to the exact shape of your boat.
- Breathable vents are installed directly in the shrink-wrap material.
- For more information, please call Dave at 425-771-0195 or email to email@example.com